Wednesday 7 April 2010

Last Friday's Walk


Our group gathered outside Kirkmichael Community Shop
(Charles, Jean I, Charles' wife, Liz, Jean D, Marian, Jeanette, Jean I's Son and Daughter-in-law)

Again, the group went from Kirkmichael to Pitcarmick This Link gives quite a lot of information about Pitcarmick, and other places where there are standing stones.

We walked over the bridge and turned left at the village hall and down the way, the weather was really lovely and sunny, though a bit chilly.  Very different to the howling snowstorms of mid-week.  As we kept the river to our left, we continued over the sheep field and onto a path - which was blocked half-way by a fallen tree!

I did promise not to take pictures of any bottoms!

You can see already that the sun is still shining through.  And, more photos were taken after we got through the next gate, and onto the road.

Jean I's son and dog, Liz, Karen, Jean D, Marian, don't know, Cath, don't know, Cath's daughter and grandson

We then returned to the Session House for scrumptious, home-made hot cross buns with tea or coffee - a tea-stop that is thoroughly recommended!  The Session House was open as a Good Friday Coffee Morning, and there must have been over twenty-five people enjoying the 'get-together'.  My husband rang me while I was there and requested I go outside to speak to him, as the noise was deafening!

As soon as I know where we're going next week, I shall post it up here again.

No comments: